Teams:

Teams are made up of individuals but as a group, a team also has a self-image.

Most teams verbally say that they are working on the same thing but they rarely get the results they could have if they actually were working together.  That’s because the team is fractionalized.  Some of the people within the team are gregarious and outgoing while others are shy and reserved.  Some are competitive and some aren’t.  Some people enjoy what they’re doing but some don’t.  You have a group of people who get together and plan out what to do but then they go back to their workstations and do their own thing.  It’s very rare that teams actually do what they say they are going to do because there is no image of what the team looks like.  

There are sports teams that have absolutely no superstars yet they win championships.  That’s because the team has a great image.  That’s because the individuals on the team have a great self-image.  They know their individual strengths and how good they are at what they do and they all work co-creatively toward a common goal.  There’s no competition between each other.  Ego’s are kept in check.  Their individual goals are to do the best work they are capable of and to help others do their work as well.  It takes very little extra effort and no one needs to work overtime.  The work just starts to flow through the team and the next thing you know your products or services start to flow out the door effortlessly and in greater quantity.

In order to get teams to work cohesively together each person on the team must create a self-image that is in alignment with the team self-image.  When a group of like-minded people come together the outcome of their efforts is quite astonishing.  It’s almost miraculous.  There is a need for exceptional leadership skills to bring a team like this together.

A company in Spain experienced a corporate culture shift within 3 months of studying Thinking Into Results with a co-consultant friend of mine.  The company experienced an exodus of 70% of the employees when the culture started to shift from internal competition to one of internal cooperation and co-creative endeavoring.  The remaining 30% of the staff, executive and employees, took up the slack, and shortly after that, the company experienced incredible growth.  Their products were flowing through the plant faster and more efficiently with higher quality and that produced huge savings and increased sales.  The customers wanted to buy more products as a result.  It’s amazing what a shift in personal and team image can do.

Are you ready to make a change?  Are you willing to increase your bottom line?